Mashed!
Hands up....all those that think about doing something and then never, ever get around to doing it?
Yes, my arm is up to... the one not typing. Since blogging started, I have wanted to start one, but life always got in the way! There were and are better things to do with my time. There really still are, BUT I want to write. No, I also need to write. I need to keep my mind busy and what better way than a public diary? I love the written word. At one stage in my life, I was consuming an average of a 350 page novel per week. After work! I think my problem with a blog post is WHAT DO I WRITE ABOUT? My life is way too boring and hum drum for the general public to care about. My opinions ....well as my handle "MISHMASH" foretells...I am a bit scatter brained. One minute I am running down the pathway of lamenting about being a late starter in the blogging posts and the next I am baiting up the hill and staring into the deep crevices of my scattered mind! It is very easy to blame our day and age of working to live and living to work. It is so easy to lather the soap of "I HAVE NO TIME! It is really very easy to fall under the spell of needing more and more and the more you create the more you need and the more you roll that wheel of success the harder and faster you must turn and and so it goes..this....harder and faster cycle of consumerism........CAN I JUST JUMP OFF??????
Take this journey with me as I detail just how I am trying to slow down and eventually try and minimise my consumer behaviour. Every bit helps.....every bit of holding out on your purchase of want not NEED helps. Today, as I was decluttering it is glaringly obvious just how many THINGS I have. Why on earth do I have a whole drawer of party face masks, last used over 5 years ago????? And yet I can't let them go.......oh no....most definitely NOT! Just in case, we decide to try be loopy teenagers and throw a mask party????
At least I won't need to buy more if we do!
How long have I had it? I discovered a wonderful wooden jewellery holder that I have had for over 30 years!
REDUCE, RE USE AND RECYCLE and to do this we need to learn to take care of the things we have, so they last us a long time.
Well, I have finally started blogging....lets hope I can keep the momentum going!!!!
Yes, my arm is up to... the one not typing. Since blogging started, I have wanted to start one, but life always got in the way! There were and are better things to do with my time. There really still are, BUT I want to write. No, I also need to write. I need to keep my mind busy and what better way than a public diary? I love the written word. At one stage in my life, I was consuming an average of a 350 page novel per week. After work! I think my problem with a blog post is WHAT DO I WRITE ABOUT? My life is way too boring and hum drum for the general public to care about. My opinions ....well as my handle "MISHMASH" foretells...I am a bit scatter brained. One minute I am running down the pathway of lamenting about being a late starter in the blogging posts and the next I am baiting up the hill and staring into the deep crevices of my scattered mind! It is very easy to blame our day and age of working to live and living to work. It is so easy to lather the soap of "I HAVE NO TIME! It is really very easy to fall under the spell of needing more and more and the more you create the more you need and the more you roll that wheel of success the harder and faster you must turn and and so it goes..this....harder and faster cycle of consumerism........CAN I JUST JUMP OFF??????
Take this journey with me as I detail just how I am trying to slow down and eventually try and minimise my consumer behaviour. Every bit helps.....every bit of holding out on your purchase of want not NEED helps. Today, as I was decluttering it is glaringly obvious just how many THINGS I have. Why on earth do I have a whole drawer of party face masks, last used over 5 years ago????? And yet I can't let them go.......oh no....most definitely NOT! Just in case, we decide to try be loopy teenagers and throw a mask party????
At least I won't need to buy more if we do!
How long have I had it? I discovered a wonderful wooden jewellery holder that I have had for over 30 years!
REDUCE, RE USE AND RECYCLE and to do this we need to learn to take care of the things we have, so they last us a long time.
Well, I have finally started blogging....lets hope I can keep the momentum going!!!!
Comments
Post a Comment