Teddy Love RRR


Look what I discovered cleaning up my daughters Teddy Bear collection. Now some of those are 20 years old......
But this one is very special:
How long have I had him? Over 45 years. I was given him in my first year and have cherished and held on to him, in the hope that he will bring a grandchild or 2 or 3 great joy too.
Just a fun reminder......I am a hoarder of special things. And sitting here looking at him, I really wish he could speak. 
Sshhhh.....am I hearing something.......
"I was once your most loved plaything. You did not go anywhere without me. Falling asleep was an impossibility, unless your tiny, little fingers were gently rubbing my ears. I loved being a part of your magic toddler years. I loved being able to still your cries and bring comfort to your heart. I was part of you struggling and mastering the skill of walking. I certainly assisted you there. Many a tumble being broken by my soft body as you mastered the art of mobility on your feet instead of on your hand and knees. I was a proud partner in your crying sessions when you were sulking because things were not going your way and I was comfortably shared when your siblings came along eight and ten years later. You held on to me and when Erin was born there I was, taking pride of place amongst all her new teddy' s. I was leader of the pack. And just as I had loved, comforted and protected you, I did the same for your precious child, with the greatest of joy and happiness. Then one day, you packed a few of us away. Thankfully not in a closed box, just a cupboard, and promptly forgot about us! I know, just like the waiting period for you to grow and have children- I  (well we- me and a few other teddy buddies) are awaiting that glorious day when the doors will be whipped open and we hear you say, "I am so glad we still have Teddy Love and friends, they will come in handy with our new addition to the family."

Well I may not have heard Teddy Love actually speak..but I can dream? OR....
Maybe I did???? 
Wise words and a fantastic walk down memory lane and a bit of insight!
REDUCE: the amount of time you spend away from your children. Time spent with all our loved ones is extremely precious.
RE USE: keep those keepsakes. Buy things of quality that will last and look after them so they can be reused.
RECYCLE: those things that don't last. Don't just dump....find a new use. Use your imagination......something that never ever stops working!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I got hacked!

Mashed!

TESOL Week 7 Culture and Psychology