I am a survivor
#metoo
This very public social gathering of similar experienced woman was not a pond I wanted to jump into.
Primarily because I have made peace with myself and forgiven my perpetrator long ago.
But when I sat listening to two young ladies unburden themselves and share with me how....in the last few years they too were preyed upon by ANIMALS taking advantage of them after they had too much to drink, I have decided to jump in.
I also believe many of these assaults happen and are never spoken of, because these young girls should not have been drinking or even at wherever they were at. So you boys choose these young girls, knowing they will NEVER say anything as they are already guilty of lying to their parents.
Their stories are not mine to share; BUT on this very public forum, I want to say to all who read this:
It is NOT your fault if you have been taken advantage of after too many drinks!
It is NOT your fault- when thinking you are with friends- you get raped!
It is NOT your fault that these ANIMALS think it is their right because you are intoxicated.
It is NOT your fault that some men are pigs and not men.
It is NOT your fault that your trust was misplaced.
BUT you must make the decision to get through this utterly earth shattering violation with your head held high
You must find strength in knowing you did NOT cause this to happen
YOU must still love yourself enough to go forward with all your dreams and hopes
YOU must forgive yourself and him to free yourself so you can be a SURVIVOR and not become a victim.
You men out there- You need to know that NO means NO...
You need to remember it is not your right to take advantage of intoxicated girls!
You need to know that a true Gentleman and a True Friend gets the girls home- NOT into your bed
Mom's and Dad's teach your children well.
Choose NOT to drink alcohol- it is a cause of too many social ills and leads to dependence on it.
And if it has happened to you- tell your loved ones and speak about it often, this is one of the fastest ways to healing and becoming a SURVIVOR rather than remaining a victim!
#loveandlight
This very public social gathering of similar experienced woman was not a pond I wanted to jump into.
Primarily because I have made peace with myself and forgiven my perpetrator long ago.
But when I sat listening to two young ladies unburden themselves and share with me how....in the last few years they too were preyed upon by ANIMALS taking advantage of them after they had too much to drink, I have decided to jump in.
I also believe many of these assaults happen and are never spoken of, because these young girls should not have been drinking or even at wherever they were at. So you boys choose these young girls, knowing they will NEVER say anything as they are already guilty of lying to their parents.
Their stories are not mine to share; BUT on this very public forum, I want to say to all who read this:
It is NOT your fault if you have been taken advantage of after too many drinks!
It is NOT your fault- when thinking you are with friends- you get raped!
It is NOT your fault that these ANIMALS think it is their right because you are intoxicated.
It is NOT your fault that some men are pigs and not men.
It is NOT your fault that your trust was misplaced.
BUT you must make the decision to get through this utterly earth shattering violation with your head held high
You must find strength in knowing you did NOT cause this to happen
YOU must still love yourself enough to go forward with all your dreams and hopes
YOU must forgive yourself and him to free yourself so you can be a SURVIVOR and not become a victim.
You men out there- You need to know that NO means NO...
You need to remember it is not your right to take advantage of intoxicated girls!
You need to know that a true Gentleman and a True Friend gets the girls home- NOT into your bed
Mom's and Dad's teach your children well.
Choose NOT to drink alcohol- it is a cause of too many social ills and leads to dependence on it.
And if it has happened to you- tell your loved ones and speak about it often, this is one of the fastest ways to healing and becoming a SURVIVOR rather than remaining a victim!
#loveandlight
Comments
Post a Comment