My FAITH RRR

The silence was golden. I was resting, reclining and rejuvenating, my very own RRR over this past Christmas season. I am at a point in my life, due to my work situation, that I could be as depressed as a popped balloon. I could choose to be so "woe is me" that I would be in tears all day. But thanks to my faith and a personal answer to a prayer, I am choosing to live life. It might not be quite how I pictured it would. Right now my reality is playing out to a wholly different screen play than to the one I had filed in my mind, that I really do sometimes question my sanity! BUT it is not all bad. I have time now for things that would have flown right past me, in my hurry scurry busy working world. Sitting in my writing room I was visited, with a knock on the window, by a BEAUTIFUL long tailed bird. Not once, but three times this little beauty knocked on the window. I stood up and peered into the adjacent bush and noticed a whole family of five perched in this little tree. My eyes then alighted on our white, clearly only ornamental, empty, bird bath. Quicker than I could shout do it, I had grabbed a 2 litre cold water from the fridge, grabbed my keys, opened the security gates and ran to fill up what I had just been called to fill- the empty bath. Obviously with all the noise from keys and gates, the gorgeous family had departed, but were still nearby, much higher up in another tree. After filling up and locking up and settling back in my chair, I was excitedly waiting for them to give me a thank you show. So I sat and I sat and I sat some more. My patience at its end, I all but gave up on these birds and continued with my tales. Eventually, an hour later, I was disturbed by frantic chirping leeching through the window. As I looked up there were 2 different types of bird, fighting to be in this relieving water, on such a hot day! I felt privileged that I could contribute and be a witness to something so basic. Something we take for granted, but not for long. Our water situation remains dire, but I will leave that for another blogging blast! I look at nature and it, in its very self attests to a creation by God. We are NOT just an explosion of chance. I am grateful that I have this now unshakeable faith. It took me 40 years to gain my testimony of a living, loving Heavenly Father whom sent His only begotten Son to die on the cross for us, so we could experience this process called life and thanks to Jesus, when we make mistakes, we can repent in His name. How long have I had this faith.....well I like to think it took a first accident, as a pedestrian hit by a car, at 15 to lose it and another car accident at 31 to bring it back. It took me a further 9 years before my Heavenly Father became so real to me, my prayers listened to and most answered and I experienced indisputable miracles in my life- that Faith has become my way of living. I know my Heavenly Father lives and loves us and wants us to do our utmost to live with Him one day. Of this I testify in Jesus Christ's name. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I got hacked!

Mashed!

TESOL Week 7 Culture and Psychology