Reminders RRR

1 week later, 5th post....looks like I could well be on the way to forming a new habit! 21 repeats sets an action into a habit. I am loving writing. Finding this a wonderful outlet for a bit of my creative energy.
HOW LONG HAVE YOU HAD IT?
So every post you will find this headline as I post the answer and the reason for having the item. It may also include tips on how I managed or happened to have it for that periods. I grew tired of being a consumer, a while ago and during this process the importance of REDUCE, REUSE AND RECYCLE became a very important catch phrase in my life. But it needed to be more important than a saying, it needed to be translated into action. Just like Blogging was a great idea....a wonderful thought.....something I was going to do, there comes a time when ACTION must be taken. Slowly over the years, I have made minor adjustments in everyday life, such as:
REUSABLE CARRY BAGS FOR SHOPPING
NO LONGER BUY WATER- REFILL SAME BOTTLE DAILY
NO LONGER USE DISPOSABLE CUPS AND STRAWS.
These were really small personal adjustments that were fairly easy to do.
NOW, I am going to tackle the more difficult ones, like home rubbish recycling, total elimination of single use plastic and of course to stay totally away from supermarket plastic bags. Writing something down also helps translate thoughts into action! The time is now to make my small difference.
So HOW LONG HAVE I HAD it????
Well going through this decluttering process I have been going through my school annuals from High School the oldest from 1984...so 33 years it has been travelling with me! Definitely will not be throwing these away! The older I get, the more I need these reminders of my fabulous youth! What a wonderful reminder of those carefree days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I got hacked!

Mashed!

TESOL Week 7 Culture and Psychology