Moonhopper! RRR
So I am still in spring cleaning mode....as you can see. The CD collection is a very sensitive point in my life. Most of these 300 odd CDs belonged to my late husband, Anthony. This year is the 15th Anniversary of the car accident, which prematurely wrenched him from my life. He was only 31 years of age and in the prime of his life. We were planning on a child and looking forward to celebrating our first anniversary the very next day. I always say that he was my earthly angel, as he was born the day before Christmas and got taken, way too soon, the day before Easter. A breath away Is not far to where you are (Josh Grobans words).....!
So HOW LONG HAVE I HAD IT?
Some of his cds date back to 1981, but that would be cheating, as they were his before becoming mine 15 years ago. BUT amongst the bunch are a few of mine that got added to the collection when we merged our lives. The oldest one I have come across so far is: Springbok Nude Girls circa 1998 so 19 Years.
It has taken me 15 years to even consider parting , with what was just such an integral part of his character: HIS PASSION FOR MUSIC , which showed in the way he embraced life to the fullest. What really concerns me is that as the years pass, the candles burning in the passage ways of my memory are starting to dim, BUT let me play some U2, Alanis Morisette, Counting Crows, REM; then those low flickering bits become flames wavering energetically as the winds of memory ignite once again. As I sit writing this I know I won't be able to just throw it away. I will need to listen to each and every piece, mull it over; consider if this is too much a part of my history to ever part with. Once I have done the very long walk down memory lane, I may just be able to rehome these babies to someone that cared for him, as much as I did. Moonhopper you are forever missed, but always with me.....love your Faceless Fairy.
So HOW LONG HAVE I HAD IT?
Some of his cds date back to 1981, but that would be cheating, as they were his before becoming mine 15 years ago. BUT amongst the bunch are a few of mine that got added to the collection when we merged our lives. The oldest one I have come across so far is: Springbok Nude Girls circa 1998 so 19 Years.
It has taken me 15 years to even consider parting , with what was just such an integral part of his character: HIS PASSION FOR MUSIC , which showed in the way he embraced life to the fullest. What really concerns me is that as the years pass, the candles burning in the passage ways of my memory are starting to dim, BUT let me play some U2, Alanis Morisette, Counting Crows, REM; then those low flickering bits become flames wavering energetically as the winds of memory ignite once again. As I sit writing this I know I won't be able to just throw it away. I will need to listen to each and every piece, mull it over; consider if this is too much a part of my history to ever part with. Once I have done the very long walk down memory lane, I may just be able to rehome these babies to someone that cared for him, as much as I did. Moonhopper you are forever missed, but always with me.....love your Faceless Fairy.

Comments
Post a Comment