Discipline RRR

So....only 3rd post and I am already struggling to remain motivated. It is not that I don't have anything to say......rather there is too much noise in my head and all the characters are trying to break free and they all want to streak across the page. So one of my very first lessons is DISCIPLINE. Discipline in taking that step and making these posts. And secondary to that is structure. Structure, not just in my life, but structure in my thoughts, which should result in an interesting read and plenty of them.
So HOW LONG HAVE I HAD IT:
This morning I have decided it is time to throw away my daughter, Erin's, first notebook circa 2010. Up until 3 years ago, when it finally packed up, it was in use everyday. But for the past 3 years it has been lying in the cupboard...its final resting place being put on hold for various reasons:
1. What do I do about the info still on there?
2. We may need the info still
And
3. How do I safely retire this hardware safely?
So over 1000 days later I have decided it is time to RE USE AND RECYCLE.
I am amazed by how easy it was to find and remove the hard drive. A huge help was Google and some really small Phillips screwdrivers and there is an adaption you can buy from your local IT shop and PRESTO it becomes the back up storage drive for my current laptop.
NOW the challenge is to find a recycling place for the leftover hardware.  Unfortunately, it does not seem as though my small city still has one of those. There was one, but the phone number for it does not result in a dial. Rather a mechanical voice tells me " this number is no longer in use."
Well, on the cusp of a weekend, at least I have RE USED. Hopefully after asking a few experts this weekend, I may find the notebooks final resting place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I got hacked!

Mashed!

TESOL Week 7 Culture and Psychology