Building homes RRR

I always find such joy in the absolute art of childs play. That very special time in our lives when we have the privilege of imprinting special moments in a young  mind. That time when I can allow myself to remember what it feels like to be 3 or 4 and attempt to make the childs interaction with me as pleasurable as possible. As a middle aged woman, with the rearing of a crying toddler, over 17 years behind me, I can now look upon these miraculous human beings, untouched by life's hardships, these tiny creatures that still cling to Mommy when things are scary, whom laugh uproariusly from just a funny noise, or tumbling building blocks, with absolute awe and wish I could do it all again. As an onlooker I have forgotten the sleepless nights and the endless rounds of eat, sleep, poop, etc. The simple joy of being a with a toddler has made an average day, extraordinary. Talking about blocks....
HOW LONG HAVE I HAD IT?
Who remembers Jenga blocks. What fun my daughter, Erin and I used to have playing it, together and with friends and family. These trusty little pieces of wood, which I have held into for over 17 years, are regularly hauled out of the cupboard to keep adults entertained for hours in a balancing act and children in a building of blocks and pretend homes triumph. They are more than wooden blocks they are interwoven into my life's memory cells and will be treasured for a good few more years as they get pulled out and piled high for our enjoyment.  REDUCE the amount of replacement toys given, RE USE the ones you have- using your imagination and creativity and RECYCLE those ones you enjoy with your loved ones. Create those wonderful memories.
PS ...I still have ALL 54 little blocks. I have mentioned I like to hoard those important things!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I got hacked!

Mashed!

TESOL Week 7 Culture and Psychology